[SR-Users] MySQL database for kamailio as S-CSCF

Christoph Valentin christoph.valentin at gmx.at
Tue May 17 11:28:19 CEST 2016

Thanks, I think, I detected the Problem myself now.

It's about using the kamailio S-CSCF as presence server and it's about the config files
   - examples/scscf/scscf.cfg
   - examples/scscf/kamailio.cfg

When I comment out the DB_URL/DB_URL2 Parameter in scscf.cfg, as follows
   # Connection URL for the database:
   ##!define DB_URL "con1=>mysql://scscf:heslo@192.168.5.1/scscf"
   ##!define DB_URL2 "con2=>mysql://scscf:heslo@10.1.27.217/scscf"

then I think, the following command in kamailio.cfg leads to a segmentation fault after kamctl start (this is an assumption)
   # -- presence params --
   modparam("presence", "subs_remove_match", 1)   #means we match subscriptions on all attributes

because the presence module has not been loaded, because DB_URL is NULL.

As a Workaround, I load the presence module always, not only when DB_URL is not NULL.

   ##!ifdef DB_URL
   loadmodule "presence"
   ##!endif

Any similar experiences?