[SR-Users] SRV and dialog stickiness

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu May 26 18:58:03 CEST 2016

On 26/05/16 17:40, Alex Balashov wrote:
> On 05/26/2016 11:11 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> You can use a htable for the rescue, either storing the selected IP
>> within onsend_route or when the replies are coming back. An
>> alternative is to store as a dialog variable.
>
> Okay, so I'd need to keep my own state. If I understood correctly, SIP
> provides no more fundamental facility for addressing this. Right?

I haven't checked right now the 3263 (iirc), but as far as I remember,
there is no nothing enforced in this regard. If a UA wants to use a
fixed point, then after the initial routing upon DNS lookup after
location service handling, then the device should set the Contact in
200ok with an IP address if it doesn't want a DNS lookup to be done
based on hostname of its Contact address.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com - http://www.kamailio.org