[SR-Users] Recent problem with fix_nated_sdp and kamailio 4.4.4

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 14:52:08 CET 2016

On 28/11/2016 14:44, Anthony Messina wrote:
> I meant that before 4.4.4, I was building from the 4.4 branch will all
> commits in that branch up until 81df84b . git diff 81df84b 4.4 should
> show the difference, I just can't figure out what part isn't working.
>

> I am not using t_suspend()/t_continue() or other async processing
> functions
Then I don't recall a change that could affect this behaviour.

> and I do call route[NATMANAGE] after route[RELAY] from
> branch_route[MANAGE_BRANCH].

But I don't really get how you do the above stuff. Maybe you can paste
here the relevant part of config with route RELAY and branch route....

> Quoting Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com>:
>
>> The commit 81df84b is related to tls, so there should be no relation
>> with nat functions.
>>
>> Are you using t_suspend()/t_continue() or other async processing
>> functions?
>>
>> Anyhow, whatever changes you want to be specific for each outgoing
>> request must be done in a branch_route. request_route changes are
>> visible to all changes and if you do something again in branch_route or
>> failure_route, then you will see duplicated operations.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Daniel
>>

>> On 28/11/2016 09:02, Anthony Messina wrote:
>>> Prior to the upgrade to Kamailio 4.4.4, I was using 4.4.3 with updates
>>> through 81df84b from the 4.4 branch and the following fix_nated_sdp
>>> call worked through the initial INVITE and when a voicemail branch was
>>> appended from the failure_route.
>>>
>>> route[NATMANAGE] {
>>>
>>> # RTPEngine is not needed but if STUN addresses are being used on our
>>> # internal network, rewrite the addresses to the internal source
>>> address
>>> if(!isbflagset(FLB_RTPENGINE) && has_body("application/sdp")) {
>>>         if(dst_ip==10.1.1.2 &&
>>> compare_pure_ips($sel(contact.uri.host), "<EXTERNAL_IP>")) {
>>>                 fix_nated_sdp("10");
>>>         }
>>> }

>>> }
>>>
>>> Since the upgrade to 4.4.4, when the original INVITE fails over to
>>> voicemail (branch appended), fix_nated_sdp creates the SDP below,
>>> doubling the replaced IP addresses.  Asterisk replies with 488, as the
>>> media address is completely invalid.  I need something like the above
>>> (which worked for the request and the reply) but can't figure out what
>>> the problem is.
>>>
>>> v=0
>>> o=Zoiper 0 0 IN IP4 10.1.1.18210.1.1.182
>>> s=Zoiper
>>> c=IN IP4 10.1.1.18210.1.1.182
>>> t=0 0
>>> m=audio 63732 RTP/SAVP 9 3 0 97 101
>>> a=rtpmap:9 G722/8000
>>> a=rtpmap:3 GSM/8000
>>> a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
>>> a=rtpmap:97 iLBC/8000
>>> a=fmtp:97 mode=30
>>> a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
>>> a=fmtp:101 0-16
>>> a=sendrecv
>>> a=crypto:5 AES_256_CM_HMAC_SHA1_80
>>> inline:n2C0BcdXOr32BPTEE8pfHII9mamAK566xMNvQIDIGKI2LPOLdNDOcpFdtqu5DQ==
>>> a=crypto:6 AES_256_CM_HMAC_SHA1_32
>>> inline:n2C0BcdXOr32BPTEE8pfHII9mamAK566xMNvQIDIGKI2LPOLdNDOcpFdtqu5DQ==
>>> a=crypto:3 AES_192_CM_HMAC_SHA1_80
>>> inline:n2C0BcdXOr32BPTEE8pfHII9mamAK566xMNvQIDIGKI2LPOLdNA=
>>> a=crypto:4 AES_192_CM_HMAC_SHA1_32
>>> inline:n2C0BcdXOr32BPTEE8pfHII9mamAK566xMNvQIDIGKI2LPOLdNA=
>>> a=crypto:1 AES_CM_128_HMAC_SHA1_80
>>> inline:n2C0BcdXOr32BPTEE8pfHII9mamAK566xMNvQIDI
>>> a=crypto:2 AES_CM_128_HMAC_SHA1_32
>>> inline:n2C0BcdXOr32BPTEE8pfHII9mamAK566xMNvQIDI
>>> a=oldmediaip:<EXTERNAL_IP>
>>> a=oldmediaip:<EXTERNAL_IP>
>>> a=oldmediaip:<EXTERNAL_IP>
>>> a=oldmediaip:<EXTERNAL_IP>

>> --
>> Daniel-Constantin Mierla
>> http://twitter.com/#!/miconda - http://www.linkedin.com/in/miconda
>> Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, Nov 28-30, 2016 -
>> http://www.asipto.com

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, Nov 28-30, 2016 - http://www.asipto.com