[SR-Users] Kamailio send TCP packets from random ports

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Thu Sep 8 14:04:26 CEST 2016

On Thu, Sep 08, 2016 at 02:43:03PM +0300, Yuriy Gorlichenko wrote:
> yes. Thats will be great because in some system design it must use same
> port that listening for sendinf like in UDP for example for transcoding SIP
> over  WebSocket to SIP over TCP and masking registration behind thanscoder.
>
> Like User sends registration, kamailio just Transcoding this request to TCP
> and then resend this registration packet to Asterisk.
> With this example asteisk must originate all PACKETS to TCP port of
> kamailio but it tries to send it to port from wich request arrived and if
> use TCP it will not equal port that kamailio listening for TCP.

And this is a problem? Since all requests from kamailio to that asterisk
should be send over the same connection it will stay open for some time,
and enabling qualify for the users on asterisk will keep is open.

But I'd communicate over UDP with asterisk/any backend anyway, so what
is the reason for TCP?