[SR-Users] Kamailio - DMQ dns srv Question

José Seabra joseseabra4 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 19:28:32 CEST 2016

Hello,
I have a doubt related with DMQ dns behavior, I noticed that when kamailio
starts, it tries to resolve DMQ name configured on parameter
notification_address as the following sequence:

   1. SRV
   2. A
   3. AAAA

Isn't supposed kamailio  try first resolve the  NAPTR DMQ name, and then
SRV?
I'm asking this because kamailio is trying resolve the SRV record without
any transport protocol specified on query, as my dns server only accepts
queries on the format "_Service._Proto.Name" the SRV will never be resolved.

Thank you.
BR
--
José Seabra