[SR-Users] Introduction

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 15:03:52 CEST 2017

Hello,

thanks for sharing the story with Kamailio community! It looks like a
very interesting to project you try to achieve at Rhizomatica. I am sure
there will be people here on mailing list trying to help as mus as
possible whenever you have questions, the community is very friendly and
responsive.

However, to have good answers, it is important to ask on specific issues
you encounter. Asking for something generic (e.g., can anyone send me a
config file for x, y, z features) has lower chance of answering, because
each use case of kamailio  (e.g., sip lcr engine) involves interaction
with many other systems, security, etc. and it is not going to be
something easy to just send over.

Also, many of us just reply on mailing list discussions, unless you get
a request for a private email with some too sensitive data for the
public, likely just switching to reply to a developer will lead to no
answer (this being my case as well).

I hope to see positive updates from your project and feel free to
interact with us here whenever you need to clarify something, but also
to assist others when you have past experience that you can share!

On 10.04.17 14:20, Nicolas Pace wrote:
> Hi Everyone!
>
> I just wanted to introduce myself, before blasting the list with
> questions (just kidding!).
>
> My name is Nicolás Pace, I'm a Community Networks advocate from
> Argentina.
> I'm working on a community project for Rhizomatica [0], which is an
> amazing organization that promotes Community Cellular Networks for
> underserved communities in Latin America (mainly mexican's first
> nations but also in Nicaragua, Colombia nad Brazil).
> We are working on a mobile app to connect the Community Cellular
> Networks (that uses 2G Cellular Networks) with the rest of the world
> via SIP, and we are considering using Kamailio for this.
>
> The project has been using FreeSwitch for some time and now we are
> thinking about using Kamailio on the cloud side, and intengrate them
> via SIP. On a not so distant future, if the Kamailio experience goes
> well, we are thinking on moving everything to Kamailio, as it seems to
> be much more simple and effective.
>
> For now we expect to do a prototype to connect this communities with
> their relatives via SMS (on the Cellular side) with SIP SIMPLE Messages
> (on the 'cloud' side).
>
> Awesome to meet you all, and hope to be collaborating with this
> community!
>
> Regards,
>
> [0] https://www.rhizomatica.org/

Daniel-Constantin Mierla