[SR-Users] Kamailio inserting Quote " mark in SIP header

Sebastian Damm damm at sipgate.de
Thu Aug 3 11:04:39 CEST 2017

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 3:26 AM, Arslan Saeed <arslansaeed at gmail.com> wrote:
> We are seeing that Kamailio's nat_helper_module function  of
> add_rcv_param(),  inserts " (quote)  mark to some of the SIP headers (as
> below in the contact header in sip 200 OK response)
>
> Contact:
> <sip:172.70.1.2:5060;bnc;received="sip:118.107.184.242:25090">;expires=172
>
> We got few SIP UAs that are  complaining about the quote mark inclusion in
> contact header and responding back with SIP 400 bad syntax status code.
>
> Requesting views / suggestions from community about this behavior of
> kamailio and any workarounds available.

Indeed the quotes are put around the received address by nathelper -
and that has been the case since the initial commit. However, the same
param is for example added by the path module, but without quotes.

I have created a Pull request removing those quotes. However, I did
not try the change locally. Maybe you can grab the patch from here and
apply it to your Kamailio:
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/pull/1203

I've never used this function and don't know what it I could use it
for. We only use the add_contact_alias() function for appending the
received information. This information is later used when sending
incoming calls to registered clients.

HTH
Sebastian