[SR-Users] kamcmd htable.reload propertiesHash problem

Henning Westerholt hw at kamailio.org
Fri Aug 3 08:42:55 CEST 2018

Am Freitag, 3. August 2018, 07:56:28 CEST schrieb Ginhoux, Patrick:
> Instead of installing a new server, I tried to upgrade the one running the
> 5.0.1 level. It has the following packages installed:
>
> kamailio-perl-5.0.1-1.1.x86_64
> kamailio-5.0.1-1.1.x86_64
> kamailio-mysql-5.0.1-1.1.x86_64
> kamailio-snmpstats-5.0.1-1.1.x86_64
>
> So I have download the 5.0.7 packages into a separate folder:
> kamailio-rpms_5.0.7
>
> kamailio-5.0.7-1.el7.x86_64.rpm
> kamailio-mysql-5.0.7-1.el7.x86_64.rpm
> kamailio-perl-5.0.7-1.el7.x86_64.rpm
> kamailio-snmpstats-5.0.7-1.el7.x86_64.rpm
> kamailio-ims-5.0.7-1.el7.x86_64.rpm
>
> The update command “rpm -Uvh --force kamailio*” detects a dependency on the
> mod_perl package :
>
> warning: kamailio-5.0.7-1.el7.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key
> ID 941fdbdd: NOKEY
>
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         mod_perl is needed by kamailio-perl-5.0.7-1.el7.x86_64
> I try to find this mod_perl package but it does no longer exist for RedHat
> 7. We can find multiple articles referencing this change in RHEL.
>
> It seems there is an alternative way to get this module in a EPEL repository
> (https://huntingbears.nl/2013/12/17/no-mod_perl-in-rhel-7-and-centos-7/).
>
> It is to me a huge work to simply update my current Kamailio to 5.0.7.
>
> Does this mod_perl change makes sense to you ?
>
> Have you an idea to get rid of this dependency?

Hello Patrick,

probably a stupid question, but do you actually use the perl module inside
your kamailio cfg? If not - I would suggest to just remove the 5.0.1 perl
module, and also not install it for 5.0.7.

If you need it - the quoted artice states that its actually not difficult to
install mod_perl from the EPEL repository. This looks quite ok: "EPEL is the
high-quality RPM collection for RHEL and CentOS linux, maintened by the Fedora
project.".

Best regards,

Henning

--