[SR-Users] RTPengine - Transcoding example available?

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Sat Feb 17 02:53:10 CET 2018

On 2018-02-16 07:55 PM, Carsten Bock wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quick (and simple) question:
>
> Can someone provide a working RTPengine request, to enable Transcoding?
>
> I know, this is possible, but I thought before looking into deep, how
> this should be configured for the rtpengine_offer() command, could
> someone provide an example?

It's pretty straight forward.

Example: A offers some SDP to B.

Let's say you think B probably speaks PCMU, so you want to make sure to
offer it, even if A didn't offer it: forward transcoding. Add
`transcode-PCMU`.

Let's say you also know B is allergic to PCMA, so you want to remove it
from the offer to B, but still be able to speak it to A: backward
transcoding. Add `codec-mask-PCMA`.

These two cases are really independent of each other, but can be combined.

Full example with some other options:

rtpengine_offer('ICE=remove rtcp-mux-demux codec-mask-PCMA transcode-PCMU')

Simple!

Cheers