[SR-Users] kamailio 5.1 compilation error

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at kamailio.open.source.it
Tue Feb 27 15:13:49 CET 2018

On Tuesday 27 February 2018 at 15:04:09, Aqs Younas wrote:

> Greetings list,
>
> I am trying to install Kamailio 5.1 from source code on Debian 8.10. But It
> is failing with below error. Don't know what could be wrong.

Have you tried a Google search for "gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus':
execvp: No such file or directory"?

That gave me quite a number of hits indicating what the problem is.

> Any suggestion is much appreciated. Thanks.

Have you installed the "g++" package?

> make --no-print-directory -C ./squirrel/squirrel SQMARCH64="-m64"
> CC_EXTRA_FLAGS="-fPIC" \
>         OUT="../../libsquirrel.a" sq64
> gcc -O2 -m64 -D_SQ64 -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing
> -c sqapi.cpp sqbaselib.cpp sqfuncstate.cpp sqdebug.cpp sqlexer.cpp
> sqobject.cpp sqcompiler.cpp sqstate.cpp sqtable.cpp sqmem.cpp sqvm.cpp
> sqclass.cpp -I../include -I. -Iinclude -fPIC
> gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
> gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
> gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
> gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
> gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
> gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
> gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
> gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
> gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
> gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
> gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
> gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory
> Makefile:51: recipe for target 'sq64' failed
> make[3]: *** [sq64] Error 1
> Makefile:44: recipe for target 'libsquirrel.a' failed
> make[2]: *** [libsquirrel.a] Error 2
> Makefile:511: recipe for target 'modules' failed
> make[1]: *** [modules] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/src/kamailio/src'
> Makefile:27: recipe for target 'all' failed
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Regards,

Antony.

--
Wanted: telepath.   You know where to apply.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.