[SR-Users] Should I ignore Route header in ACK?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Jul 2 08:02:48 CEST 2018

On Mon, Jul 02, 2018 at 09:00:02AM +0300, Yuriy Gorlichenko wrote:

> yep I understand that.
> I just see that in fact ACK soudl ignore Route header if it... Single?

What? No.

There are two kinds of ACKs: hop-by-hop ACKs, which acknowledge negative
final replies on every branch, and end-to-end ACKs, which are handled
according to the rules for in-dialog requests. An ACK for a 2xx reply to
an INVITE is going to be an in-dialog request, and under no
circumstances should any Route headers be ignored unless they refer to
the very proxy through which they are traversing. In that case, they
should be stripped off before continuing with the next-hop Route. This
is the standard loose-routing procedure labouriously articulated in the
RFC, and implemented by loose_route().

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)