[SR-Users] high availability and load balancing

Kjeld Flarup kjeld.flarup at liberalismen.dk
Fri Nov 9 20:52:25 CET 2018

Hi Eyas

A typical HA setup has two kamailio proxies with identical setup.

Use keepalived or similar to give the proxies a shared IP.

Because of the shared IP, all traffic will go to one proxy only.

Thus each of the proxies must be able to handle all traffic, mening the
functionality must be very simple - no media handling.

Then use the dispatcher module to do load balancing.

-------------------- Med Liberalistiske Hilsner ----------------------
    Civilingeniør, Kjeld Flarup - Mit sind er mere åbent end min tegnebog
    Sofienlundvej 6B, 7560 Hjerm, Tlf: 40 29 41 49
    Den ikke akademiske hjemmeside for liberalismen - www.liberalismen.dk