[SR-Users] Question regarding Dispatcher + ds_default_socket() modparam + Call-ID generation

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 19:21:48 CEST 2019

Hello,

using the ip in call-id is not a good practice imo, I had it in mind to
replace it properly everywhere for quite some time -- actually at this
moment there is an option that can be activated in the crypto module
making the call-id to be generated with libssl unique id generation
functions, but I don't recall if the local ip is still appended. This
would require libssl, so my goal was to add an alternative to generate a
"good-enough" unique id, without external dependencies, to be used as
local call-id.