[SR-Users] How to statelessly send a reply to custom destination?

George Diamantopoulos georgediam at gmail.com
Thu Jul 4 10:27:40 CEST 2019

Hello all,

I've been trying to handle OPTIONS statelessly, but proper handling fails
for UACs behind NAT without ALG. I thought I'd overcome this by setting the
$du pseudovariable, but apparently I'm missing something. The following
does not work:

        if ($Rp == "6050") {
            force_send_socket(udp:10.10.10.10:6050);
        }
        $du = "sip:" + $si + ":" + $sp;
        sl_send_reply("200","OK");
        exit;

I'm now realising that I put this in request_route() so force_send_socket()
and $du have no use whatsoever, since the request is not forwarded
anywhere. Is this the reason?

So the question is, how can I do the following things for a stateless
reply: a) choose a sending socket for the reply and b) change the
destination for the reply to something other than the URI in the first Via
header.

Thanks!

BR,
George