[SR-Users] Problem with max tcp connections

Daniel Tryba d.tryba at pocos.nl
Thu Nov 21 17:34:55 CET 2019

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 02:46:39PM +0100, Jose Fco. Irles Dur?? wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a kamailio 5.1.2 as load balancer and registration offloading,
> but I have a problem with the max tcp connections that it can handle.
> I suspect that is a linux limit, but I don't find the reason or config.
> When that limit arrives, I can't connect to kamailio and I receive
> "Connection reset by peer", but I can't view any error message in the
> logs.

I experienced the same with versions pre 5.1.9. It hasn't happened to me
with 5.1.9 yet, so I cannot say it was fixed. Additional changes I
applied where some sysctl tweaks:

net.core.somaxconn = 128
net.ipv4.tcp_max_syn_backlog = 1024
net.ipv4.tcp_timestamps = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_tw_recycle = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_tw_reuse = 1
net.ipv4.tcp_max_tw_buckets = 4096
net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range = 4096     65534
net.ipv4.tcp_syncookies = 0

Again, not really sure if these are related.