[SR-Users] Same Via Tag for INVITE and ACK on S/L loadbalancer

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 16:39:00 CET 2020

In such case, because the proxy is doing stateless forwarding, there is
no transaction. I guess the solution right now is to use tm for relaying
- is any concern of doing that?

If someone wants to look at generating same via branch, I am fine with
it, eventually controlled by a parameter if the code change is
significant, to be able to switch to current mode if unexpected side
effects pop up.

One more note in this case: I expect it would be required to generate
different tag for 200ok ACK, so it is matched as different transaction
by next hop, not sure if there is any easy way to discover the type of
ACK in a stateless proxy.

I am not sure I remember correctly, but in some discussions I think it
was suggested to just reuse the branch value of incoming top Via when