[SR-Users] sdpops - modifying sdp codecs' presedence list - order

Melek Oktay melekoktay at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 13:53:45 CEST 2020

Hello,

Kamailio *sdpops *module consist of several useful functions for
manipulating SDP on Proxy side such as *sdp_keep_codecs_by_name*() .

This function *sdp_keep_codecs_by_name*("PCMU,PCMA,GSM") finds codecs id
[0,8,3] and if incoming packet consist of other than these codecs, they are
removed ! For example, assume incoming packet SDP --> [8 0 3 9 101]   after
applying this function 9 and 101 are removed and outgoing packet SDP
consist only  PCMU,PCMA,GSM  [0,8,3].

This function does taking given codec *precedence/priority* into account.
As you see above message SDP is 8 0 3, different priority than inputted 0 8
3. I need to change *order *of codecs too ! Would you help me to do it ? I
couldn't find *add *operation on *sdpops *module

Regards,
Melek