[SR-Users] BLF: modules parameters for specific SIP phones

Liviu Andron liviu.andron at bjtmail.com
Thu Apr 14 21:13:20 CEST 2022

Hello,

I am working on a BLF (Busy Lamp Field, dialog presence) integration using
Kamailio.
I am not sure how certain settings can be used on a single generic (any
phone) Kamailio instance.
 *
https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/presence_dialoginfo.html#idm67
   "If the phone does not support this, you can activate this parameter."
   modparam("presence_dialoginfo", "force_single_dialog", 1)
 *
https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/devel/modules/pua_dialoginfo.html#idm152
   "This is a workaround for the buggy Linksys SPA962 phones. SNOM phones
work well with the default setting."
   modparam("pua_dialoginfo", "caller_confirmed", 1)

How can I activate these settings only for the phones that have problems?
Do I need a different Kamailio instance for each buggy phone that appears
from a client ?
For example, a Kamailio instance with modparam("pua_dialoginfo",
"caller_confirmed", 1) for some (like Linksys SPA962) and the opposite for
all the others (like SNOM) ?

Thank you,