[SR-Users] Unable to install kamailio-mysql on CentOS 9

Shailendra Paliwal beingshailendra at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 10:03:20 CET 2022

Hello,

I'm trying to set up kamailio on a Cent OS 9 server but I'm unable to
install the kamailio-mysql module. Can someone suggest any possible
solutions here,

Tried to setup kamdbctl after changing the configuration to use mysql,
➜  ~ kamdbctl create
ERROR: could not load the script in
/usr/lib64/kamailio//kamctl/kamdbctl.mysql for database engine MYSQL
ERROR: database engine not loaded - tried 'MYSQL'

Contents of /usr/lib64/kamailio/kamctl/, I'm not sure why there's a double
slash in the message above
➜  ~ ls /usr/lib64/kamailio/kamctl/
dbtextdb  kamctl.base  kamctl.ctlbase  kamctl.dbtext  kamctl.rpcfifo
 kamctl.ser  kamctl.sqlbase  kamdbctl.base  kamdbctl.dbtext

I'm unable to install kamailio-mysql
➜  ~ dnf install kamailio-mysql
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:23 ago on Thursday 01 December 2022
03:53:45 AM.
Error:
 Problem: conflicting requests
  - nothing provides libmysqlclient.so.21()(64bit) needed by
kamailio-mysql-5.6.2-0.el9.centos.x86_64
  - nothing provides libmysqlclient.so.21(libmysqlclient_21.0)(64bit)
needed by kamailio-mysql-5.6.2-0.el9.centos.x86_64
  - nothing provides mysql-libs needed by
kamailio-mysql-5.6.2-0.el9.centos.x86_64
(try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages or '--nobest' to
use not only best candidate packages)

I've checked that I do have the following repolists,
➜  kamctl dnf repolist
repo id                                                  repo name
appstream                                                CentOS Stream 9 -
AppStream
baseos                                                   CentOS Stream 9 -
BaseOS
epel                                                     Extra Packages for
Enterprise Linux 9 - x86_64
epel-next                                                Extra Packages for
Enterprise Linux 9 - Next - x86_64
extras-common                                            CentOS Stream 9 -
Extras packages
kamailio                                                 Kamailio - latest
- Packages for the Kamailio latest release
mariadb-main                                             MariaDB Server
mariadb-maxscale                                         MariaDB MaxScale
mariadb-tools                                            MariaDB Tools
tailscale-stable                                         Tailscale stable

This is after a fresh installation of CentOS 9. I believe that I might have
a missing repolist or probably have something incorrect in the
configuration.