[SR-Users] How to configure Kamailio to send only DNS A query

Arun Kumar arunnvrs at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 09:49:41 CET 2022

Hello All,

I have a setup where the DNS server is configured with only A record. When
the Kamailio receives the request it performs a DNS SRV query for which it
receives a response with "no such name". But later a DNS A query is sent
which gets resolved and the request is forwarded.

I would like to know that is there any configuration that can be done in
Kamailio so that it will perform only DNS A query directly instead of SRV
query? If so could you please help me know how to do it

Thanks and Regards
Arun