[SR-Users] [sr-dev] Info: sipexer v1.0.0 - sip cli tool

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 10:31:44 CET 2022

Hello,

the hypens-style is (or at least seems to be) Go specific, but actually
there is flexibility in using one or two with any parameter type, like:

sipexer -v

sipexer --v

sipexer -version

sipexer --version

The help message is printed by a Golang internal function from the
'flag' package (the one that parsed cli params), respectively:

flag.PrintDefaults()

It lacks the ability to group many cli params for the same purpose
(e.g., the short and long forms), there are other external go packages
that can do it, but I preferred to go for the package offered directly
by golang to avoid situation when external packages go unmaintained in
the future.

Pull requests are welcome, of course!