[SR-Users] [Sems] Solutions to missing BYEs, accounting for them

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 21 11:59:18 CEST 2010

Hi,

Alex Balashov wrote:
> 1) Inline B2BUA in the signaling path of all calls;
>
> 1a) Make it do SSTs; or
> 1b) Make it relay media, too, and hang up the call (bidirectional BYE)
 > on RTP receive timeout;

>[...]

> Needless to say, I am interested in the option that requires the least
> work but still solves the problem in an elegant way from a technical
> and--dare I say--aesthetic perspective.
you are right; with SEMS this needs some work. I wouldn't say it is a
lot, as you have all the basic functionality already there, at least
for 1.a.

> For instance, it seems clear from looking at the SEMS-1.1.1 sources that
> SSTs are supported in principle in core/plug-in/session_timer. But
> unless I am missing something, I cannot find anywhere in the sources or
> examples where it is actually used.
have a look at core/plug-in/echo.

Session timer is implemented as SessionEventHandler (hooks that get
called for every request received/sent), which you need to add to the
session e.g. when you create it. In your case you would need to add it
to both legs of the B2BUA call; e.g. if you start from auth_b2b you'd
have to add it in both AuthB2BFactory::onInvite and
AuthB2BDialog::createCalleeSession.

What I'm not sure is whether the configuration of session timer values
works the way it should (configureModule), possibly you'd need to hack
this a little.

As for 1.b, SEMS does not yet have an RTP relay mode (only transcode).
If you are really interested in it, I think we can work on that;
again, the basic components are there, it needs just adding some
things here and there.

Regards
Stefan

--
Stefan Sayer
VoIP Services Consulting and Development

Warschauer Str. 24
10243 Berlin

tel:+491621366449
sip:sayer at iptel.org