[SR-Users] UAC module

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 12:39:22 CEST 2014

Hello,

On 11/09/14 10:03, Yuriy Gorlichenko wrote:
> Hello. I tried to use UAC module at my system for registration
> multiple providers, and call through it.
>
> When I implementing this at my cfg file I had some troubles:
>
> -- with Authentification at INVITE (using UAC_AUTH). IT does not send
> second INVITE packet with www_auth header for some trunks (not for
> all, only for some providers)
check that you have the credentials loaded. Also, you should run with
debug=3 and see if you spot any hint in the log messages.

> -- with BYE recieving from PROVIDER ("No BYE from Called party" task
> at USers Mailing lists)

If the provider is not sending the BYE, you have to ask them why. Even
when you do authentication, the called party CSeq is not affected, so
there is nothing breaking the SIP for called party.

> After many days of tests and debugging I ask question from myself -
> does module correctly works?
>
> As I know this module breaks some philosophy about SIP proxy and
> development of this module is not question of first priority.
>
> After that all I need advice - what I must use for registtration my
> SIP trunks - 3d party registrant or this module, that works fine and I
> doing something wrong?

If you use development version (master branch, to become 4.2.0 in about
one month), then dialog module can change the cseq if you do
authentication with uac module (see readme of dialog), so there is no
more breaking of SIP CSeq for caller.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Next Kamailio Advanced Trainings 2014 - http://www.asipto.com
Sep 22-25, Berlin, Germany