[SR-Users] Unable to install kamailio-mysql on CentOS 9

Sergey Safarov s.safarov at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 11:03:16 CET 2022

bash-5.1# dnf whatprovides mysql-libs
Last metadata expiration check: 0:03:01 ago on Thu Dec  1 09:56:43 2022.
mysql-libs-8.0.22-7.el9.x86_64 : The shared libraries required for MySQL
clients
Repo        : crb
Matched from:
Provide    : mysql-libs = 8.0.22-7.el9

mysql-libs-8.0.27-1.el9.x86_64 : The shared libraries required for MySQL
clients
Repo        : crb
Matched from:
Provide    : mysql-libs = 8.0.27-1.el9

mysql-libs-8.0.28-1.el9.x86_64 : The shared libraries required for MySQL
clients
Repo        : crb
Matched from:
Provide    : mysql-libs = 8.0.28-1.el9

mysql-libs-8.0.30-1.el9.x86_64 : The shared libraries required for MySQL
clients
Repo        : @System
Matched from:
Provide    : mysql-libs = 8.0.30-1.el9

mysql-libs-8.0.30-1.el9.x86_64 : The shared libraries required for MySQL
clients
Repo        : crb
Matched from:
Provide    : mysql-libs = 8.0.30-1.el9

mysql-libs-8.0.30-3.el9.x86_64 : The shared libraries required for MySQL
clients
Repo        : crb
Matched from:
Provide    : mysql-libs = 8.0.30-3.el9

"crb" defined in the "/etc/yum.repos.d/centos.repo" file.
This file part of

bash-5.1# rpm -qf /etc/yum.repos.d/centos.repo
centos-stream-repos-9.0-12.el9.noarch

If this does not work for your, please let me know.

Question for the community.
Should we switch from MySQL lib usage to MariaDB lib usage?