[SR-Users] Logs suddenly inundated with qm_malloc errors

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Tue Dec 13 19:50:12 CET 2022

Maybe there is a memory leak or maybe the system is not provisioned
with enough memory to cope with the traffic. Increase the amount of
allocated memory and monitor it, see how it evolves over time.

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

On Tue, Dec 13, 2022 at 6:14 AM George Diamantopoulos
<georgediam at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm testing out release 5.6.2 on one production kamailio instance, and today our monitoring system triggered an alarm for lack of disk space on /. Indeed, kamailio.log started growing at an alarming rate at some point.
>
> At about the same time disk space started being depleted, the following line was frequently logged in the logs (no instances of it before that time):
>
> qm_malloc(): qm_malloc(0x7f5ade9c0010, 536) called from rtpengine: bencode.c: __bencode_piece_new(79), module: rtpengine; Free fragment not found!
>
> They don't only concern rtpengine, core has produced similar "free fragment not found" errors as well. There's additional multiple "had header field", "bad header" and "invalid header name" errors appearing after that too, but I'm guessing that's only a symptom of the qm_malloc issue?
>
> kamailio is started with -m 2048 -M 16 and there's another instance with almost identical traffic and configuration, but running on 5.6.1, which has never exhibited such failures in several months uptime. So I'm wondering, is there anything in 5.6.2 that could explain this? Thanks!
>
> Best regards,
> George

VoIP Embedded, Inc.
http://www.voipembedded.com